Sunday, October 27, 2013

PLEASE SUPPORT ME! -- EF Mexico Teacher of the Year 2014


     Welcome back everyone, I hope these early blog posts have piqued your interest in just what goes on in Mexico's capital city, and what it means to be an ESL teacher. Having studied abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark in my junior year at Providence College, I'm no stranger to living in a foreign country. I can tell you that it isn't easy being far from family and friends. We as people thrive on the familiar and look to our core beliefs and routines to provide stability in our lives. It is those feelings of safety and security that enable us to best represent our talents and form meaningful relationships. 

      I've recently joined a contest with EF's branch in Mexico for Teacher of the Year 2014. EF is an international consulting firm that works with schools. This contest is specifically targeting ESL teachers in Mexico and offers great prizes such as all expenses paid to a variety of teaching seminars or school supplies for the classroom. The possibility of attending such seminars would be wonderful for me as a budding educator, and I appreciate the support of any of my followers willing to vote for me at this link:


      Upon reaching the page, you need only select "alumno." After that, you'll be taken to a webpage with the profiles of all of the contestants. Once you select my name, there will be a short entry form that asks for an e-mail address, age, etc. As this page is also meant for students to vote on, you will be asked to submit the name of a school or university.

     I'm really hoping to make it into the top three for this contest, but I need your help to do it! As for my next post, I'll be discussing the NSM major fall event- Bonfire Night.

Until next time,

Trevor  

No comments:

Post a Comment